Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More about layers...


So I've been giving the whole layer idea a bit more thought and couldn't help but notice that when I practice yoga or sit for mediation that it's all about peeling the layers back to expose who/what is really there, or in other words, who I am at my core. It comes slowly, but if you practice long enough with the right intention, glimpses of that self are made available. For me (so far since I've just started!) the creating or art process requires the same quiet patience. It's the application of layers rather than the removal, but each layer is meaningful, purposeful and has something to teach me.
My sketch forms the first of many layers to come, I suspect, and my inspiration is the choreographer, Sonya Tayeh, from "So You Think You Can Dance." She is brave, bold and a creative force! We should all move from such a place!

2 comments:

  1. I love Sonya! She's a great choreographer. And I enjoyed your writing about layers too, Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,
    Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete