Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Full Sturgeon Moon


Artist Jamie Ridler hosts a full moon dreamboard challenge on her website which I excitedly decided to participate in this month. The idea is to create a dreamboard or a mini vision board each month at the full moon in order to focus in on your dreams and take steps to bring those dreams into your life. Jamie’s site is a delight and you should check it out at www.Jamieridlerstudios.ca. I really enjoy spending time there!
Anyway…I’m obviously a few days late, according to the full moon, but I really wanted to give some thought to what was important and relevant for me right now and also warranted the effort necessary to create those things/qualities in my life. Also, because I’m just starting to explore art, I thought I would paint something instead of putting together a collage of yoga, art and writing photos. I decided upon the theme of “Try Peace.” I kept it simple, because to me peace is simplicity. I included the moon overhead, used soft colors to represent soft sounds-- like the cooing of the doves--and then added the message to “be silent” so I wouldn’t forget! So, this month I am going to “try peace.” Shhhhhhh!

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Your artwork creates an immediate mood. I imagine that visiting your dreamboard each day will bring about precisely what you're intending for this next cycle. What a beautiful month it will be.

    Welcome to Full Moon Dreamboards! And thank you so much for the kind and generous words that you've shared here. You absolutely made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you find your peace...Or, may it find you. :)

    This is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments! I'm happy to be a part of the group!

    ReplyDelete