Monday, August 17, 2009

Making A Move...



Half or maybe three-quarters of the battle when starting something new is just summoning up the courage and a little bit of faith to actually take the first step-to dip that brush into a bit of paint, or to draw your legs upward into a headstand. The other portion of the battle lies in not worrying what the final painting looks like or if you take a tumble rather than hold that perfect headstand. My point is that it’s easy to freeze, easy to let your fear or pride soil or stifle the mystery that might unfold from within you if you would just take the leap and explore the many facets of your inner self.

My “move” this week was trying an art journal technique (pictured here) that I watched on You Tube by the lovely Tam at Willowing.org. I had my hand at a bit of shading and while I’m pleased as punch to be playing in paint, I’m looking forward to practicing what I’ve learned—the great Yogi, Pattabhi Jois always said, “practice and all is coming.” His words are a life lesson on and off the yoga mat. Practice. Just focus on the practice without worrying about the outcome. Practice, it’s the heart of movement.

1 comment:

  1. it's beautiful!! goo for you for trying the new technique!

    ReplyDelete