Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sparking Creative Juices



Creativeeveryday.com is a site that I visit with regularity. Leah Piken Kolidas hosts a blog that focuses on sparking creative juices and what I find so interesting is that she selects a monthly artistic theme for her readers to ponder and then translate into their own form of art. In July the theme was "self" and the mixed media piece I'm posting (at least I hope I am!) is my first attempt at any kind of art and is my interpretation of "self." It's still a work in progress, but I have been having a REALLY good time with it!

The theme for August, I believe, is "move." I feel some yoga inspired art coming on!
I'm starting a new book today. It's called, "The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year" by Jennifer Louden. It seems like an appropriate place for me to start! I haven't made up my mind on the others for this month (one art focused and one focused on yoga) but will by the end of the day. Stay tuned! I'm also looking forward to taking a class or two this month.
More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Your first attempt? Wow, Marian, it's beautiful! I love the butterfly and the leaf prints on the side. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete