Friday, June 8, 2012

What Delights You?

A couple of days ago, Jamie Ridler at  jamieridlerstudios.ca  suggested that one way we might reconnect with the things that give us pleasure would be to examine delight from the vantage point of our senses. So here goes, 5 for each sense…

I love the taste of…

My brother’s pasta, avocados, freshly blended green smoothies, Chicago Diner BBQ vegan “cheeze” burgers, and café con leche.

I love the sight of…

The Black Hills of South Dakota, the sun rising, my husband sleeping, spring flowers blooming, my sister's smile

I love the feel of…

My husband’s hand holding mine, the softness of Haley’s fur, my yoga mat, the warmth of the sun, paint on my fingertips

I love the smell of…

Bookstores, the air following a rain, baking bread, beeswax melting,  incense in a yoga studio

I love the sound of…

Silence broken only by the chirps of birds, the belly laughs of children, the squeak Chloe makes after she yawns, leaves moving in the wind, the crunch of leaves underfoot


No comments:

Post a Comment