Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here comes Flora!

I am very excited to report that my online workshop with Flora Bowley begins on Monday!  Yippee!  Can you hear the crowd roar?  Our first e-mail arrived today describing the ins and outs of the course and the supplies we will need.  Oh my, I’m in heaven!  I have been practicing what I know of Flora’s technique—well, I’ve been pretending that I have an idea of what’s going on, but my information is limited and only consists of what I could gather from her book, “Brave Intuitive Painting.”


An early phase

I'm still working on this painting   In fact, I'm just waiting for the class at this point!  The process is a lot of fun though and very freeing.  I loved pulling out images from my splashes of color.  I have two other paintings in the works as well, and I keep finding figures on the canvas.  It's very interesting and I can't wait to be a part of the real deal come Monday! 

Work continues
I'm calling this painting, "A Hole In My Heart Missing You."  My sister-in-law passed away last year and I miss her terribly.  It still feels as though my heart has a hole in it and this painting just presented itself with all the splotches of color in just the right places as a representation of that pain.  I'll post it again as I move forward with it and finish it up and I'll also try to find a picture of where the painting actually started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment