Monday, July 2, 2012

Morning Pages


Today I rededicated myself to the practice of Morning Pages.  Jamie Ridler is hosting a check in to help keep us honest, and for that I’m grateful!  I also went back and listened to the podcast where Jamie interviewed Julia Cameron as a dose of inspiration!  Thank you Jamie!   Actually, the practice of morning pages couldn’t come at a better time for me, and it felt WONDERFUL to just let all the monkey mind talk flow out through my pen.  Ihave been reminded that creativity is indeed a spriritual process. 

I’m taking on a number of creative endeavors this month.  First, I’m firmly embedded in Flora Bowley’s online class and have several paintings in different stages of development.  It is fun, it’s frustrating, and it’s magical to paint with ease and abandon.  Getting out of my own way is challenging but knowing that you can cover what doesn’t work and preserve what does has taught me a pretty big lesson.  The canvas is kind of like your life.  You can choose to keep what’s working and eliminate what isn’t.  Yes, that’s probably a simplification, but true non-the-less! 

In progess via Flora Bowley process

My second major something is the “Big Fearless" painting class via Dirty FootprintsStudio.  Again, this is very fun, very freeing, and all about getting out of your own way.  Class just started yesterday and I can already feel the joy brimming from Connie!  Today I am going to paint big! 

Finally, Kimberly Wison's book club selection for July is "The Joy of Less: a Mimimalist Living Guide" 
by Francine Jay.  It's another serendipitious offering from the universe it seems!  I have been groaning under the weight of too much and this is just the push I needed to start me on my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment