Friday, July 25, 2014

Birth The Unbound

The past week or two I have been experimenting with oil and cold wax in between my time with encaustics. I'm looking to get out of my own way, trying to become less rigid, which may take some doing but it's something I really need to cultivate! My paints are laid out on my table and instead of full on painting sessions, I find myself pondering what to do next as I walk by.  I stop and I dabble, then I think some more as I continue on my way.  Perhaps the next time I stop I'm there for an hour.  I'm just letting myself be free with the process--I'm not trying so hard, I'm just letting myself experiment and create.   My favorite time, however, has been the early morning.  Sleepy-eyed but with fresh perspective there are no boundaries. 

I'm keeping the palette simple-just a few colors that I love. That's what it's all about after all-doing what you love. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the process you're embracing. Love your work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this process! I don't know much about encaustics, but I love the texture that it adds to painting. It's definitely on my list to learn and experiment with it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robin and Indigene! Indigene, give encaustics a try--there's nothing like it! :)

    ReplyDelete